We all know Music is the fuel of our life. Music acts like magic to triggers our emotions, motivation, and innovation. There is scientific evidence that playing with the piano can develop our planning skills, reducing anxiety and makes us smarter, happier and healthier. If you have a wish to play piano for your refreshment or making your career as a pianist you have to choose the right piano for you. Choosing a piano is always an exciting decision and one has to research it. Here I give you some guidance about choosing a Grand piano for you. cheap grand piano not always means its cost less but indicate that the Piano at a lower cost but adds greater value. This grand piano price is low but performance of this piano is very well.
When you are a beginner and started your musical journey then you must know about Piano. The piano is the most luxurious and expensive than another musical instrument as its manufacturing cost is high. Piano is of two types-
- A. Grand Piano.
- B. Upright Piano
What is a Grand Piano?
In grand piano when the keys are pressed down its lift the other end, moving the other parts, the hammer strikes the string vertically. The damper also lifts vertically. Grand piano gives faster action moves with gravity and when the keys are released the hammer and damper fall and reset with gravity. There is no need for spring to reset so that easily played again virtually in any distance.
What is an Upright Piano?
Moreover in upright piano when the keys pressed down its moves the other parts, the hammer strikes the string horizontally. The damper lifts horizontally. When the keys released the hammer and damper reset with the aids of a spring. So the playing with grand piano gives more action considering the spring replacement of upright piano.
Every grand piano has these parts-Keyboard, Lid, Paddle, keys, hammer and strings that produce sound. A standard piano has 88 black and white keys on the keyboard.
More information is that the Grand piano is two Acoustic types and Digital piano.
Acoustic Piano is an old school piano that gives the actual piano sound by a hammer striking the string and most often made by wood. In digital piano, the sound produces digitally by playing the speaker. It’s modified the music which is recorded by acoustic piano previously. The acoustic piano cost is more considering the manufacturing cost. The digital piano cost is less due to less manufacturing cost and easily moveable for its lightweight.
As now as a beginner you clear about the piano. If you are ready to buy the best grand piano then the cost is important as many pianists do not spend so much. The consumer has to see this fact before buying a grand piano that is the Sound, the keys of the piano, space where the piano kept, the warranty of the piano. In any shop, Grand Piano is categorized as
- Entry-level Grand piano
- Midranges Grand piano
- Professional Grand piano
- Silent Grand piano
- Second handed Grand piano
Every Pianist has to choose the piano as their requirement and according to their affordability.
Here I give you the top 5 Cheap Grand piano information that helps you to choose a perfect grand piano for you.
There is various Brand of Grand Piano in the market with their different feature and different price. As you know the piano is a luxurious instrument you cost more. But in the case of digital Grand piano, you can get your desired piano at low cost. You can also read Top Baby Grand Piano
5 Best Cheap Grand Piano Review:
Cheap grand piano in the market is
- 1. Alesis Recital 88-Key Beginner Digital Piano
- 2. Yamaha P71 88 keys weighted action digital Piano
- 3. Yamaha P45, 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano
- 4. Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano – Black
- 5. Yamaha DGX660B 88-Key Weighted Digital Piano with Furniture Stand
1. Cheap Grand Piano Alesis Recital 88 key digital piano:
Alesis Recital 88 keys are the most affordable piano. This is best for beginners within $200. The piano is designed with 88 full-size semi-weighted keys that have adjustable touch sensitivity and gives a realistic sound like an acoustic piano. Adjustable Touch-sensitive means the sounds feel louder or softer depending upon the force applied to the key.
The piano featured with 5 built-in voice such as acoustic piano, organ, bass, synth, and electric piano. Another super feature is the Lesson mode that split the key into 2 sections that divide the keyboard into two areas with the same pitch and voices.
The Alesis Recital 88 keys come with an incredible look having an LED button. Built-in speaker (20 W) and have the capabilities of chorus and reverb customization. Featured with USB-MIDI connection, Headphone output, Power adapter (110 VAC and 220 VAC).
The keyboard is approximately 50 inches by 11 inches. Item weight is 15.65 only which is very light and easy to move. Alesis recital 88 keys featured with 128 note polyphony. So, it’s another best piano within low grand piano price.
Now here the Pros and Cons:
- Sound quality is excellent as the piano and other patches are solid.
- Quality design with incredible finishes.
- Expecting features with the lower cost added great value.
- Lightweight and slim structure can easily convenience for a beginner.
- The piano in some cases cannot suit some consumers to give consistence performance.
- It is a perfect item for a beginner who started to learn the piano not for professional.
2. Yamaha P71 88 keys weighted action digital Piano:
Yamaha P71 88 keys weighted action piano is another cheap grand piano that has sustained paddle option. The keyboard gives an authentic feeling with quick response and decent sound quality. It gives better performance comparing the price point and cost a hundred more.
Yamaha P71 is perfect for a student who wants to learn the piano and perform in stage sometimes. It’s an Amazon exclusive product with 10 different voices like piano 1, piano 2, piano 1 & 2,organ1 & 2, Strings, harpsichord 1& 2, vibraphone and gives a feels of a real acoustic grand piano. Dual-mode combines two voices like piano and string at a time.
The piano has a USB port and ¼” output jacks to connect with an external speaker and various items. The model comes with a music rack fitted in the top which can be removed.
The keyboard has a transposing feature and dynamic keys that convert volume softer to louder. Polyphony 64 note and voice can be solo or dual. So, it’s another best piano within low grand piano price.
Now the Pros and Cons of Yamaha P71 88 keys weighted action piano-
- Keyboard gives authentic feel, fast key response, and standard sound.
- The weighted keys are excellent and give excellent sound like a real piano.
- It’s an exclusive model for rehearsing, learning and creating voice at home.
- The Yamaha P71B is an -exclusive model designed to be the perfect home digital piano for rehearsing, learning and creating.
- More affordable considering feature.
- Modification of the sustain Paddle is required otherwise it sometimes does not work what is supposed to do.
- The headphone jack is in the back of the keyboard and difficult to access.
3. Yamaha P45, 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano:
Yamaha is a famous brand for piano manufacturing for a long time ago. This piano-making company gives the world numerous features Piano. Yamaha P45, 88 key weighted action digital piano is an inexpensive model and very impressive to the consumer.
88 keys with a matte finish and Graded Hammer standard action gives an authentic feeling. The keyboard comes with a power adapter along with a music rest and foot pedal. The keys have a matte finish that is not slippery and help to play for a longer period.
Another special feature is that Yamaha uses AWM (Advanced wave memory) sampling technology to play one sample per key and create a deeper sound by waveforms (L & R) with two microphones.
The design is so simple that it uses a single button to change voice, play demo, metronome and so on. It has a built-in sound system and light-weighted instrument that can easily move to anywhere. Polyphony is 64 notes and has 10 voices.
More feature is the MIDI connectivity by USB, presence of Headphone jacks, design with a sustain Paddle and power supply option. After considering above the all we can said this is a great piano within very low grand piano price.
Here the Pros and Cons:
- Great sound. Good key feel. Wonderful product for the price.
- The operating system is so easy that have a single button option.
- Not only beginner students but professional can use it in the studio for practicing for its greater sound.
- Touch-sensitive keys give an acoustic feeling of sound.
- Headphone jack placement is poor.
- The instrument is heavy considering another model of piano.
4. Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano:
Casio Privia PX-160 digital piano is Casio’s new invention in where it uses AiR sound generation technology that is capable of changes the sound quality and volume like an acoustic piano with time.
Another world-class feature is the inclusion of Tri sensor scaled hammer action II keyboard that feels a pianist a natural touch like an impressive grand piano.
Casio Privia PX-160 has elegant looks, inbuilt 8 w speakers, 1/4” headphone output on the front, handy line out a slot that can easily connect to an external speaker. The keyboard can easily connect to a computer, Mac, or iPad without downloading any driver.
The more surprising fact is that Casio offers world-class features in this piano but in unbelievable cheap prices that attract the beginner to buy it now.
Now here the Pros and cons-
- This is a portable digital grand piano and is light weighted.
- Inclusion of AiR sound technology gives high-quality sound.
- A scaled Hammer action key gives a natural touch to produce sound.
- The price is so affordable considering price.
- Casio Privia PX-160 has 128 note polyphony.
· The sustain Paddle modification is required.
5. Yamaha DGX660B 88-Key Weighted Digital Piano with Furniture Stand:
Another Cheap grand piano with greater value is Yamaha DGX660B 88-Key Weighted Digital Piano with Furniture Stand. In this piano, Yamaha introduces a variety of interactive features.
Yamaha DGX660 is developed by 88 grated hammer action keys with the inclusion of exclusive pure CF sound technology that is capable of recreating the sound as like concert grand Piano. The operating system is quite similar to the acoustic piano as damper pedal is used in performance.
Another interesting feature is that one can create own sound by acoustic setting. One can sing along with the help of microphone input and record the voice which is latterly listening to that and share with a friend. The voice can be saving in the piano. So the piano is very versatile by doing extra functions.
Inclusion of modern feature makes fun, DGS 660 has an LCD. You can see your own created voice score on the screen that makes fun.USB audio recording system can transfer pianist audio to a computer by copying and to the internet.
There are so many extraordinary features that attract everybody to buy this exclusive piano. It’s really a great piano and also suitable for all, because of this grand piano price really very low.
Now the Pros and cons-
- LCD score display creates fun of playing music.
- Pure CF sound technology gives real acoustic sound feelings.
- Inbuilt speaker and microphone add great value with price.
- Unbelievable sound and perfect background beat with readymade songs.
- Sometimes the keys are a little noisy.
In the above, I give you some Cheap Grand piano information. Every company invents the piano with great feature. As the piano is a luxurious instrument its costs more. The manufacturer also attracts the beginner by manufacturing some piano at a low cost that can meet the requirement of beginners, so one has to choose the Piano according to their needs and affordability. Here the guide now you have to research which one is perfect for you. So I recommend to all beginners, to chose the best one from above piano because this grand piano price affordable for all.