MXL 770 is a wonderful condenser microphone. Do you want to know deep information about MXL 770 condenser microphone? Then, this article is for you, we have shared the best mxl 770 review post which covers everything about this product.
We think that before buying any product, should know the details about the product. If you do not do that, after purchasing any product can be your loss. Your money will be wasted. So to help you, we have tried to highlight the details of MXL 770 condenser microphone.
We have tried to give you a complete idea about this MXL 770 condenser microphone. You can know, why you should buy this MXL 770 condenser microphone, what are the main features of this MXL 770 condenser microphone, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this condenser microphone MXL 770. So if you read this mxl 770 review full article, we hope you will get a clear idea about MXL 770 condenser microphone.
So let’s start to read…
Read also: Best Mixing console for Recording Studio
MXL 770 Review
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Single Bundle)
Top Cardioid Condenser Microphone
A recording microphone is the most important subject for producing top-quality audio sound. Nowadays, It’s a little bit tough to buy the best quality microphone is very because there are lots of microphones in the market.
For you, we have researched almost 12 hours to find out top quality condenser microphone which uses a top studio recorder. We have shared everything in this MXL 770 review.
What is MXL 770?
The MXL 770 is a well-known microphone, and it is suitable for those who want to venture into the hobby of recording at home.
This microphone is the best in the market when it comes to home recording. When starting home recording and you would like to purchase a reasonably priced microphone that will provide you with quality sound then the MXL 770 is the ideal choice for you.
MXL itself is a great microphone company, they have been producing quality microphones, and they have always received positive feedback from their clients.
MXL 770 has no difference since various performers are in love with its sound production. It features an excellent FET preamp which helps in balancing output for a better dynamic range.
This feature allows the MXL 770 to produce an incredible bass and low-end sound as well as an extra clear sound that makes it perfect for any vocalist.
MXL 770 Professional Studio Condenser Mic, Pop Filter, Mic Stand, and XLR Cable Bundle
Also read our another post: Cheap Bass Guitars
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
The MXL 770 features a multi-purpose recording condenser.
In addition, this microphone is suitable for string, vocal as well as piano, and others.
- When it comes to hard rock and hip-hop, the MXL 770 never disappoints due to its fantastic recording.
- MXL 770 features a bass roll-off switch as well as -10db pad switch and XLR plug.
- This microphone operates with phantom power of 48v.
- The sound production is impressive with a super clear top end.
- MXL 770 features a wide, vibrant range with a slight golden diaphragm
- When it comes to sturdy, the MXL 770 performs incredibly well.
- Cardioid condenser offers multipurpose uses.
- Produces a warm sound with high-end clarity.
- Transformer-free output.
- FET pre-amp included.
- Rolloff and attenuation switches.
- Works equally well for digital and analog recording.
- Sturdy and reliable road warrior.
- Lightweight at 420g.
Why You Should Purchase the MXL 770 Mic?
- Despite featuring a small diaphragm, the MXL 770 has an incredible condenser which is excellent when it comes to capturing the entire spectrum of your voice. Small capacitors are very sensitive, and they often pick any sound around them; therefore, you should consider using them in an isolated room.
- The MXL 770 small condensers can be used in a noisy environment since they are less sensitive. However, MXL 770 will not cover the entire human voice accurately. With a cardioid pickup, this microphone is capable of picking up sounds that often occur on the front side of the microphone and ignoring or reducing sounds that are coming from the side and back of the receiver.
- For better sound production, the MXL 770 features two switches for a perfect voice. In order for you to block unwanted sound, this microphone is featured with the bass roll-off switch. Both switches installed in the microphone helps with adding a 10db pad to reduce and attenuate sound sources.
- With a shock mount included, you will be able to get rid of vibrations from either the desk or the stand from reaching your microphone and into the recording. When you are not using your receiver, you can store it using a hard plastic case that is padded with foam.
- On the other hand, the MXL 770 uses XLR cable making it easy for you to plug it into your computer. For you to plug it into your computer, you will require a USB audio interface where you will plug in your microphone before plugging it into the USB interface of your computer. Furthermore, you can as well use a digital audio mixer and a recorder.
- For you to get most of the MXL 770, you will have to use an interface that has a great preamp. Using a poor quality preamp will definitely introduce hum, hiss, or noises into the recording despite having a great microphone.
We have tried to include highlight features in this mxl 770 review post. We hope you will be benefited from this article.
Also read: Best Guitar AMP Under 200
Advantages of the MXL 770:
- The MXL 770 is an incredible microphone, with an excellent output that ensures perfect sound production.
- When it comes to blocking noise, this microphone works perfectly. The MXL is capable of blocking any extraneous sound, making sure that the background sound is reduced completely.
- It is the perfect choice for beginners who would like a quality condenser microphone at an affordable rate.
- It features a shocking mount case that is portable.
- Often, this microphone features a one-year warranty.
- Since the MXL 770 never disappoints its users, it has received praise all across the globe. The receiver is said to have no problems in producing echo; hence, its sound is of pure quality and natural.
Disadvantages of MXL 770
- At times, customers complain of receiving low-quality products other than the shock mount and the cable.
- The size of the microphone when folded is way too big. The size is said to bring issues with storing, but it is often overcome by rearranging the space for the recording bundle.
Also Read: Best Budget Audio Mixer
MXL 770 Tech Specs:
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: 6-micron gold-sputtered
- Capsule Size: 22mm/.87 in.
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 1mV/Pa
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Pre-Attenuation Switch: 0 dB, -10 dB
- High Pass Filter: 6 dB/octave @ 150 Hz
- Equivalent Noise: 20 dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- S/N Ratio: 74 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 137dB
- Power Requirement: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Size: 59mm x 158mm/2.32 in. x 6.22 in.
- Weight: 1lb
- Metal Finish: Black with black grill
The MXL 770 is among the best microphone in the market. The receiver is very useful when it comes to recording and it can be used at home as it is user-friendly.
The MXL 770 whole set features a professional design; hence, it is capable of catering to all musicians. The microphone is ideal for both beginners and advanced musicians, and it is excellent for multi recording and single recording as well.
The bass response of this microphone is incredible, and it features an option of adding a high pass filter; hence, the record becomes super clear for the best audio production.
The frequency of the MXL 770 ranges from 30Hz to 20 kHz whereas the signal-to-noise ratio of this microphone is 74 dBA as well as an equivalent noise level of 20 dBA.
This microphone features a flat frequency response that is incredible for the production of distinct vocals. MXL 770 as well as a cardioid polar pattern which helps in reducing off-side sounds and blocking the unwanted feedback.
We hope the mxl 770 review will be the best for you to know complete detailed information on this cardioid condenser microphone. Finally, you will buy the best microphone for your recording studio. If you have any questions regarding this product, you can freely comment below.