Do you want to know in-depth information about the MXL 770 Review? Then, this article is for you. We have shared the best mxl mics 770 review post, covering everything about this product.
We think that before buying any product. Is the MXL 770 good for a voice-over? Should know the details about the product. If you do not do that after purchasing any product can be your loss. What will waste your money? So to help you, we have tried to highlight the details of the MXL 770 condenser microphone.
We have tried to give you a complete idea about this MXL mics 770 condenser microphone. You can know why you should buy this MXL 770 condenser microphone, the main features of this MXL 770 vocal condenser microphone, and the advantages and disadvantages of this mxl condenser mic review. So if you read this mxl 770 reviews full article, we hope you will get a clear idea about MXL 770 condenser microphone.
So let’s start to read…
Read also: Best Mixing console for Recording Studio
MXL 770 Review
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Single Bundle)
Top Cardioid Condenser Microphone
A recording microphone is the most crucial subject for producing top-quality audio sound. Nowadays, It’s a little bit tough to buy the best quality microphone because there are many microphones in the market.
For you, we have researched almost 12 hours to find out top quality entry-levelcondenser microphone which uses a total studio recorder. We have shared everything in this MXL 770 review.
What is MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone?
The MXL 770 is a well-known microphone, and it is suitable for those who want to venture into the hobby of recording at home.
This microphone is the best in the market for home recording. The MXL 770 is an excellent choice for podcasting due to its strength in recording vocals. When starting home recording and purchasing a reasonably priced dynamic microphone that will provide you with high-quality sound, the MXL 770 is the ideal choice for you.
MXL itself is a great microphone company, they have been producing quality microphones, and they have always received positive feedback from their clients.
MXL 770 has no difference since various performers love its sound production. It features an excellent FET preamp that helps balance output better dynamic range.
This feature allows the MXL 770 to produce an incredible bass and low-end sound, as well as an extra clear sound that makes it perfect for any vocalist.
MXL 770 Professional Studio Condenser Mic, Pop Filter, Mic Stand, and XLR Cable Bundle
Also read our another post: Cheap Bass Guitars
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
The MXL 770 features a multi-purpose recording condenser.
In addition, this microphone is suitable for string, vocals, piano, and others.
- The MXL 770 never disappoints due to its fantastic hard rock and hip-hop recording.
- MXL 770 features a bass roll-off switch and -a 10db pad switch, and an XLR plug.
- Does MXL 770 need phantom power? The answer is yes. This microphone operates with phantom power of 48v.
- The sound production is impressive with a super clear top end.
- MXL 770 features a wide, vibrant range with a slight golden diaphragm.
- When it comes to being sturdy, the MXL 770 performs incredibly well.
- Cardioid condenser offers multipurpose uses.
- Produces a warm sound with high-end clarity.
- Transformer-free output.
- FET pre-amp included.
- Roll-off and attenuation switches.
- Works equally well for digital and analog recording.
- Sturdy and reliable road warrior.
- MXL 770 weight is 420g.
Why You Should Purchase the MXL 770 Mic?
- Despite featuring a small diaphragm, the MXL 770 has an incredible condenser which is excellent when capturing the entire spectrum of your voice. Small capacitors are very sensitive, and they often pick any sound around them; therefore, you should consider using them in an isolated room.
- The MXL 770 small condensers can be used in a noisy environment since they are less sensitive. However, MXL 770 will not cover the entire human voice accurately. With a cardioid pickup, this microphone can pick up sounds that often occur on the front side of the microphone and ignore or reduce sounds coming from the receiver’s side. Back features two switches for a perfect voice for better sound production. This microphone is featured with the bass roll-off switch to block unwanted sound. Both switches installed in the microphone helps with adding a 10db pad to reduce and attenuate sound sources.
- With a shock mount included, you will be able to get rid of vibrations from either the desk or the stand from reaching your microphone and into the recording. When you are not using your receiver, you can store it using a hard plastic case padded with foam. Ready With essential Accessories The MXL 770 features its case and shock mount.
- On the other hand, the MXL 770 uses an XLR cable making it easy to plug it into your computer. To plug it into your computer, you will require a USB audio interface where you will plug in your microphone before plugging it into the USB interface of your computer. Furthermore, you can also use a digital audio mixer and a recorder.
- The MXL 770 cardioid condenser high-quality microphone is a great all-around choice for podcasting due to its strength for recording vocals. This MXL 770 is an entry-level condenser microphone that is sturdy, and a small studio mic with a cardioid polar pattern is great for both single and multiple voice recordings.
- To get most of the MXL 770 setup, you will have to use an interface that has a great preamp. A poor-quality preamp will introduce hum, hiss, or noises into the recording despite having a great microphone.
- MXL 770 mics deliver high-quality sound compared with far more expensive mics. Unlike mxl condenser microphone review, mxl mics dynamic microphone can be sensitive and pick up even the tiniest noise.
- This MXL 770 cardioid condenser microphone comes with many accessories like a 48V phantom power supply adapter, ball-type anti-wind foam cap, pop filter, suspension boom scissor arm stand, and XLR male-female cable, and a table mount clamp. Use this MXL 770 Mic to get a high-quality FET pre-amp and transformerless balanced output for wide dynamic range and low noise and get your desired sound.
We have tried to include highlight features in this mxl 770 review post. We hope what will benefit you from this article.
Advantages of the MXL 770:
- The MXL770 is an excellent microphone with an excellent output that ensures perfect sound production.
- When it comes to blocking noise, this microphone works perfectly. The MXL can block any extraneous sound, ensuring that the background sound is reduced completely.
- It is the perfect choice for beginners who would like a quality condenser microphone at an affordable rate.
- It features a shocking mount case that is portable.
- Often, this microphone features a one-year warranty.
- Since the MXL 770 never disappoints its users, it has received praise all across the globe. The receiver is said to have no problems in producing echo; hence, its sound is of pure quality and natural.
- MXL 770 test for voice is excellent.
Disadvantages of MXL 770
- At times, customers complain of receiving low-quality products other than the shock mount and the cable.
- The size of the microphone, when folded, is way too big. The size is said to bring storage issues, but it is often overcome by rearranging the space for the recording bundle.
MXL 770 Tech Specs:
- Type: This is a pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: It has 6-micron gold-sputtered
- Capsule Size: Its capsule size is 22 mm / 8.7 inches
- Frequency Response: 30 hertz – 20kilohertz
- Sensitivity: 1mV/Pa
- The polar pattern is: Cardioid
- Output Impedance is: 150 ohms
- Its Pre-Attenuation Switch : 0 dB, -10 dB
- High Pass Filter : 6 dB/octave @ 150 Hz
- Equivalent Noise : 20 dB (A-weighted IEC 268- 4)
- S/N Ratio : 74 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)
- Max SPL for .5% THD : 137dB
- Power Requirement: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Size: 59mm x 158mm/2.32 in. x 6.22 in.
- Weight: 1lb
- Metal Finish: Black with black grill
MXL 770 Review Sound On Sound
The MXL 770 is among the best microphone in the market. The receiver is handy for recording and can also be used at home as it is user-friendly.
The MXL 770 whole set features a professional design; hence, it can cater to all musicians. The microphone is ideal for beginners and advanced musicians, and it is also excellent for multi-recording and single recording.
The bass response of this microphone is incredible, and it features an option of adding a high pass filter; hence, the record becomes super clear for the best audio production.
The MXL 770 ranges from 30Hz to 20 kHz, whereas the signal-to-noise ratio of this microphone is 74 dBA and an equivalent noise level of 20 dBA. Are MXL mics any good? Yes, they are the perfect balance of quality and budget.
This microphone features a flat frequency response that is incredible for producing distinct vocals. Best MXL mic for vocals and a cardioid polar pattern that helps reduce off-side sounds and block unwanted feedback.
Also Read: Best Budget Audio Mixer
Frequently ask questions:
1. What is the difference between MXL 770 and 990?
The capsule size is the most significant change between the MXL 770 and MXL 990. It’s a half-pound heavier than the MXL 770, but it can sustain a lower sound pressure level of 130 decibels (dB) (SPL). That’s still a lot of volumes, so the MXL 990 may be used with almost any studio sound source.
2. What do the switches on the MXL 770 do?
On the MXL 770, there are two switches. The first allows you to apply a 10dB pad to lower the volume of loud incoming sound. The other is a bass roll-off switch, which eliminates the lower rumbles. A lo-cut switch is most frequently found on a big diaphragm condenser microphone (also known as a hi-pass or low-frequency roll-off). This switch will turn off the low end (below 80Hz) while allowing higher frequencies to pass through unaffected.
3. Which MXL microphone is best?
The MXL 990 is the best microphone. The MXL 990 offers a subjectively neutral and finely balanced sound like a vocal mic, with just a touch of high-end sizzle that may benefit singers who struggle to acquire the clarity they require.
4. What is a microphone condenser?
Condenser microphones have a light diaphragm suspended from a fixed plate. Sound waves put pressure on the diaphragm, which causes it to move. Condenser microphones are often employed to pick up delicate sounds due to their thin diaphragm and higher sensitivity.
5. What is the price of mxl 770 on amazon?
The price of mxl 770 is between 8000 dollars to 9000 dollars on amazon. You can buy it cheap from local stores in used condition. But it all depends on your budget. If your budget allows you than go for mxl 770, you won’t regret it.
We hope the mxl 770 review will be the best for you to know complete detailed information on this mxl 770 cardioid condenser microphone. Finally, you will buy the best microphone for your recording studio. If you have any questions regarding this product, you can freely comment below.