Whether it’s an occasional food scrap or a regular stream of vegetable peels, having a continuous feed garbage disposal in your home can be a huge convenience. It makes cleaning up after meals much easier and less time-consuming. But with so many models out there, it can be challenging to find the right one for your needs.
For this reason, we have compiled a list of the best continuous feed garbage disposals on the market so that you can easily decide which model is suitable for your kitchen. With the consumer’s user experience, we also consider size, noise level, durability, features, and price to find the top models. So without wasting time, let’s get started.
In a hurry? Check out our editor’s pick.
- Editor’s Pick: InSinkErator Badger 5XP 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
- Value for Money: Waste King Legend Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Disposal
- Powerful Garbage Disposal: InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Continuous Feed Disposal
5 Best Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
1. InSinkErator Badger 5XP 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Introducing the InSinkErator Badger 5XP, the ultimate kitchen companion for keeping your sink clean and hygienic. This hardworking best continuous feed garbage disposal makes disposing of food scraps a breeze, grinding away even the toughest leftovers in seconds.
The InSinkErator Badger 5XP is packed with power; it features a 3/4 HP powerful Dura-Drive motor and high-torque grinding components to handle even the toughest food waste. So you will not face clogging or jamming issues with this continuous feed garbage disposal. You will get reliable, efficient performance.
This disposal has a compact design that fits comfortably into most sink openings. Its slim profile design allows it to fit easily in tight spaces and on your existing hardware. They include Quick Lock mounts, thats why it is quick and easy. But the disappointment is that they didn’t include any power cord, so you need to buy it separately.
This InSinkErator garbage disposal is designed for easy maintenance, featuring galvanized steel construction for long-lasting durability and rust resistance. The most impressive feature of this disposal is its environmentally friendly, efficient design which uses an average of only 1 gallon per person per day and uses energy only 3-4 KWh per year. It also includes a removable splash guard for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Dura drives a long-lasting motor.
- It can easily grind any food waste and prevent blockages.
- Quick Lock mounts for easy installation and comes with all the necessary components (without a power cord).
- Extremely durable, designed for long-term use in residential homes.
- It has a 26-ounce capacity grinding chamber with a powerful 3/4 HP Dura-Drive motor, allowing it to handle tough grinding jobs.
- The compact design allows it to be installed even in tight spaces.
- It didn’t include any power cord; you need to buy it separately
- A little louder when grinding large pieces of food waste or bones.
- It can be prone to clogging if too much food waste is put down the drain at once.
2. Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Say goodbye to sluggish, smelly garbage disposals, and hello to the Waste King L-8000 Legend Series. This powerful garbage disposal is designed for the busiest households – with a 2800 RPM motor and continuous feed operation, it can grind up tough food waste quickly and easily. The high-speed stainless steel blades make quick work of food particles, while corrosion-proof grinding components ensure long-lasting performance.
As mentioned earlier, the Waste King Legend Series is made with a corrosion-proof grinding chamber and stainless steel components for long-lasting performance. It is equipped with a 1 HP motor which is powerful enough to break down food waste quickly and efficiently. It can easily grind bones, vegetable peels, fruit rinds, and more. Plus, it runs quietly, so you won’t be disturbed by loud grinding noises while it’s in use.
It comes with an EZ mount and twist-and-lock design for a no-hassle setup that can be completed in minutes. Its swivel impellers reduce jams caused by stuck food particles, making it easy to clean on a regular basis as needed. Plus, if something happens wrong, all internal parts are replaceable. Additionally, a 32-inch long power cord is already attached to the unit, so there’s no need to worry about wiring or electrical work.
There is no need to worry about accidental injuries since this garbage disposal runs safely. It comes with an overload protection feature that automatically shuts the unit off in case of an electrical overload. This will ensure maximum safety for you and your family while using it.
- Budget-friendly price range
- Lifetime limited in-home warranty
- It comes with a pre-installed power cord
- Compact in design and easy to install.
- It comes with an EZ mount installation kit for easy setup.
- The motor has a high grinding speed of 2800 rpm.
- It has noise insulation technology for quiet operation.
- The stainless steel grinding components are corrosion-proof and durable.
- It has a standard grinding head.
- Some parts are not as durable as you expected, but considering the price range, it is okay.
3. InSinkErator 1.0 HP Evolution Excel Garbage Disposal
The InSinkErator 1.0 HP Evolution Excel is the ideal clean-up solution for your kitchen. The ultra-powerful motor handles tough tasks easily while providing noise reduction and vibration control for quieter operation.
Durable Construction and Performance:
This garbage disposal is built to last with all-metal construction. It features alloy stainless steel components with a LeakGuard Liner for long-term reliability. It also provides powerful performance with a 1.0 horsepower Dura-drive induction motor and 3-stage multi-grind technology that grinds even the toughest food waste quietly and efficiently. Plus, it has a 7-year in-home limited warranty for added peace of mind.
Noise Reduction Technology:
Usually, powerful continuous disposals are noisy, but this 1 horsepower model is really different. Most consumers were very satisfied with this feature. You can enjoy peace and quiet while your garbage disposal works its magic thanks to advanced SoundSeal Technology and an anti-vibration sink mount. You can say goodbye to loud grinding noises coming from your kitchen sink!
Easy Swap Installation:
This InSinkErator 1.0 HP Evolution Excel garbage disposal is easy to install in most sinks without special tools or knowledge. The included Quick Lock sink mount makes installation simple and fast, so you can get your brand-new garbage disposal up and running in no time.
- Super quiet operation due to sound-sealing technology.
- MultiGrind technology grinds difficult food waste efficiently.
- A high torque motor with 1 HP provides fast grinding action.
- Long-lasting stainless steel components for durability.
- Eco-friendly design approximately day use only 1 gallon per person; and 3-4 KWh per year average electricity usage.
- The design is very heavy and requires more space for installation.
4. Waste King Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Disposal
The Waste King Legend Series is designed to provide powerful, reliable performance. It features a fast and easy mounting system for quick installation, and the advanced grind technology enables it to quickly and easily grind food waste into tiny particles that won’t clog your drain.
Waste King Legend Series is designed to last built from high-quality stainless steel components. Its grinding components are corrosion-resistant and lightweight, ensuring that this disposal will continue to operate reliably even after years of heavy use.
Quiet and Safe Operation:
With its sound insulation technology, this powerful garbage disposal runs quietly without making excess noise; you can be sure that the device will not cause any additional noise while disposing of food scraps. Plus features a built-in safety mechanism and a high-speed 2,600 RPM Vortex permanent magnet motor to help prevent clogging and jamming during operation.
Energy Efficient Design:
In addition to being quiet, the Waste King 1/2 HP continuous feed garbage disposal is also energy efficient. This disposer features an efficient motor design that requires less electricity than traditional models while still providing the same level of performance and reliability.
- Use properly sized septic tanks in your home to ensure safety.
- Suitable for grinding small fruit pits, banana peels, lemon rinds, and cooked meats
- Easy installation with a universal mount and removable splash guard for quick cleaning.
- Low price point compared to other disposals in the same class of performance and quality.
- Compact and lightweight garbage disposal
- Comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Not suitable for larger homes or multi-family households due to the limited power capacity of the 1/2 HP motor.
- A bit louder than other disposal models, despite its sound insulation system.
5. Moen GXS75C Host Series 3/4 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Finally, yet importantly, the Moen GXS75C Host Series is powerful enough to handle tough scraps, so you can rest easy knowing your kitchen remains clean and clutter-free. Also, its quiet operation makes it safe to use at any time of day or night without disturbing family members or neighbors.
The Moen GXS75C Host Series is a powerful and reliable garbage disposal that provides superior performance. It features a 3/4 horsepower 2700 RPM Vortex motor that offers faster, jamming-free performance, and its compact size fit in smaller spaces. The continuous feed operation makes this disposal easy to use, eliminating the need for manual grinding.
Noise Reduction Technology:
Enjoy the convenience of a quiet kitchen with the Moen GXS75C host series garbage disposal. This disposal is equipped with advanced SoundSHIELD noise reduction technology that helps reduce sound levels for less intrusive operation. With this feature, you can keep your kitchen peaceful during the process without worrying about loud noises disrupting your home environment.
Installing this disposal is relatively easy. It has a Universal XPRESS Mount system to fit most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies. They include an installation guide and all necessary mounting hardware, so you can get your garbage disposal up and running quickly without any extra tools or parts.
- Easy to install due to its unique Universal Xpress mounting system.
- Includes a pre-installed power cord
- An exclusive clean rinse eliminates odors around the sink area by providing a 360° clean rinse.
- A high-powered Vortex motor can handle tough materials with ease.
- Provide a 10-year limited warranty with the assurance of in-home service
- Use only with properly-sized septic tanks to ensure safety
- As a safety feature, it’s equipped with an overload protector and a manual reset button that can be used in case of a power outage or jamming.
- Despite having Sound SHIELD noise reduction technology, consumers complain that it is much louder than expected.
- Compared to other models, this model is heavier than other models, which makes it difficult to install in some spaces.
Also Read: Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
Factors to Consider When Buying a Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
If you want your kitchen garbage disposal to operate efficiently, it is essential to choose the right continuous feed disposal for your kitchen. Before making a purchase, you should consider a number of important factors, including:
A continuous feed garbage disposal is defined by its capacity, which is determined by the size of the grinding chamber. As the disposal has a larger capacity, the unit can handle more food waste in one pass, reducing the need for regular cleaning and increasing disposal efficiency. With a larger capacity, the unit can dispose of more food waste. You should consider your household’s size as well as the frequency with which you prepare meals when selecting garbage disposal.
Typically, garbage disposals are rated in horsepower (HP) so that anyone can determine their power level. The higher the horsepower is, the more quickly and efficiently the disposal will be able to grind up food waste. However, remember that the higher the horsepower, the higher the energy consumption, and the more expensive the price. To determine the correct horsepower for your needs, you should consider the size of your family and how much food waste you generate on a regular basis.
In general, continuous feed garbage disposals can be quite loud, which is why when choosing a garbage disposal, you should consider how loud it will be. Make sure that the model you choose has technologies that can reduce noise levels, such as sound insulation or an anti-vibration system. This will help to keep the noise level to a minimum and ensure a more peaceful kitchen environment.
It is possible to find continuous feed garbage disposals ranging in price from under $100 to several hundred dollars. There is no guarantee that a higher price equals a higher quality product. It is good to remember that. Consider your budget and the other factors mentioned above when choosing a garbage disposal that offers the maximum value for your money.
When choosing an appliance, it is important to consider the warranty before making a purchase. Make sure that the continuous feed garbage disposal you are going to buy has an extended warranty of two or three years. This will give you peace of mind, and you will also be covered if the disposal malfunctions.
Also read: Home Depot garbage disposals
Installation and Maintenance Considerations
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your continuous feed garbage disposal are vital to keeping it operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. There are a few simple steps that you can follow to keep it clean and maintained:
After each use of the disposal, it is recommended that you run a small amount of dish soap into the disposal along with cold water. It will help to remove any food particles that might be present. Also, if you want to keep the blades sharp, grind up some citrus peel or ice cubes to help freshen up the disposal.
Monthly Deep Cleaning:
To ensure the durability of your garbage disposal, you should make sure that you complete the deep cleaning of your garbage disposal every month. To do this,
- Fill a basin with hot water and add a cup of white vinegar.
- To remove all the grease and grime built up in the disposal, you can let this mixture sit in it for 30 minutes.
- Using a cold water stream, flush the disposal to remove vinegar and debris.
For a more pleasant smell from your continuous feed garbage disposal, you can grind up fresh lemon or orange peels or add a few drops of essential oils such as rosemary or lemon to the disposal.
Check for Leaks:
It is very important to check regularly under the sink and around the disposal base for any signs of leaks. When you notice a leak in your disposal, turn off the water and the power and contact a plumber immediately to resolve the problem.
You can apply a few drops of mineral oil once a month to keep the blades of your continuous feed garbage disposal moving smoothly.
Also read: Garbage disposal baffle
Can I install a continuous feed garbage disposal, or do I need a professional?
Anyone who has basic plumbing skills can easily install a continuous feed garbage disposal if they have the right tools. Before installing the disposal, you can read our how to install a garbage disposal guide to understand the process in more detail. Still, it is always recommended to consult a professional plumber before installing any appliance in your home to ensure that it will be installed properly.
Also Read: Different Types of Garbage Disposal
When deciding on buying a continuous feed garbage disposal, it is important to consider your specific needs, such as the size of your household and the amount of food waste you produce. With the right disposal, you can create a healthier and more hygienic kitchen environment, reduce environmental impact, and simplify food waste management.
I hope this best continuous feed garbage disposal guide helps you find the most suitable option for you; if you are still doubtful about which to choose, you can select our editor’s pick, the InSinkErator Badger 5XP 3/4 HP continuous feed garbage disposal. This one can meet all your kitchen needs.
Williams Kane is a blogger and writer. He’s passionate about writing and connecting with the community, especially when it comes to sharing his ideas through writing.