How to fix jura coffee machines common problems, if you have a Jura coffee machine in our kitchen feels like hitting the jackpot, but a product with no frustrating feedback is seldom heard.
Something always comes out unsatisfactory for people who are a stickler for perfection. On the other hand, lack of proper maintenance that we are probably unaware of might also create unidentifiable issues that can’t be replaced by home warranties.
This article will enlighten you about Jura coffee machines common problems and their solutions that are mostly foolproof enough to solve by the consumers themselves.
Instead of getting wound up from the host of issues later, take a glance at these tips and tricks to fix your machine like a pro against any unwanted problems, just in case.
Jura Coffee Machines Common Problems & Solutions
Jura Coffee Machine Troubleshooting:
One day you wanted to drink some coffee, and suddenly the coffee machine is not working at all. That’s why learning in advance about the potential problems that might arise in the future could help you to solve the issues on your own. Sometime you need to know about how to reset the jura coffee machine.
When the Coffee Starts Losing Heat:
Jura coffee machines are designed to prepare the perfect temperature for a nice, hot cup of coffee. While most buyers had no issues with the temperature, a few buyers complained that the coffee does not taste hot enough.
The first thing to know about automated coffee machines is that the temperature is regulated to burn the coffee. As a result, coffee doesn’t taste as hot as getting one from a kettle most of the time.
However, there are some certain hacks around to try and get as close as you can to the most reachable temperature without burning the coffee.
- Pinch the tube slightly while milk is delivered from the milk froth and increase the timing of the milk froth.
- Preheat your cup with some boiling water, then dump it and immediately make your coffee onto the coffee machine — it makes a big difference in temperature without making it weaker.
Machine Is Not Frothing Properly:
Nine times out of ten the milk frother does not work properly due to a cleaning issue. Apart from that, there can be a number of reasons why you still can’t go back to a frothy cup of coffee. Sometimes, bad quality of milk or milk flow or a crooked milk pipe has an effect in producing hardly enough milk froth.
- Milk pipe needs to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Try using a different batch of milk.
- Check for any dents in the milk pipe.
- Remove and clean the steam wand.
- If the milk pipe gets badly crooked, replace it with a new one. Recommended the jura milk pipes as your choice!!!
Recommended milk frother if you want to :
Medium Budget JURA 72168 Professional Fine Foam Frother
High Budget Jura Professional Fine Foam milk Frother -Newest Version.
You might get frustrated to find why the coffee grinder is not dispensing coffee grounds anymore.
Although it seems like the grinder has been worn out, there’s a possibility that the coffee grinder has just been clogged up with all the coffee residues that accumulate in the upper and lower burrs, reducing the efficiency and swiftness of the grinder.
- Clean the Grinder thoroughly.
- Change grind setting from “finest grind” to “coarse grind”.
- Set your limits from using too much oily espresso beans.
- Try replacing the grinder blades.
Machine Leaking Water:
It’s important to fix the problem of your jura coffee machine, losing its water out of the bottom before it gets worse. But why does the machine react that way at the time of making coffee?
One probable reason is because of the water tank being cracked. As the water tank is made of plastic, eventually, it will register cracks around its perimeter, which allows water to leak out.
Coffee machines can also leak water due to defective o-rings. Such things are usually molded into damaged shapes because of limescale deposits.
Another reason for water leakage is due to the leakage of the steam wand. If this spare part continues leaking small drips, it will result in condensation collecting around the surface of the wand, and then bigger leakage will take place over time.
- Look out for any visible cracks around the water tank.
- Water tank with complete amount of water.
- Clean out limescale from the pipes and joints secured at the bottom of the machine.
- Try descaling the steam wand.
- Disassemble the stopper on the steam valve and look out for the parts that are responsible for water leakage.
- Try replacing the o-rings with new ones.
Coffee Tastes Beyond Belief Awful:
There’s going to be one unfortunate day when your coffee starts to taste worse than Skunk Spray jelly beans. It’s simply foolish if you’re claiming that your friend bought a cheap pack of coffee beans this week. The root cause of a certain flavor of coffee is the certain grinding of coffee beans.
Coffee tastes weak:
It’s likely for coffee to get bitter if you over-extract coffee grounds. In addition, keeping poor maintenance of the machine can result in losing the standard taste of the coffee.
- Change grinding settings to “coarse grind”.
- Clean the milk system. We recommended you for that, Jura Milk System Cleaner or you can change JURA Accessory Set for Milksystems if required.
- Change the water filter. You can see here find out your required water filter.
- If jura machine water filter is not tight enough then you see a “fill water tank” error message. Solve the problem.
- Decrease brewing time.
- Balance the ratio between coffee and water.
- Machine requires descaling.
- Decrease water temperature.
Descale Option Won’t Show Up:
The Descaling option is one of the most important maintenance works for every coffee machine. We may not use this option every day, but we can’t withstand a week without it. The most common cause of the espresso machine descale option not showing up is because of the failure of the power supply.
The drip tray can be washed as needed at all times. The area of the tray should be kept dry and clean. Of course if not after de-scaling the machine will ask you to empty the tray again and again.
Besides, a coffee machine that won’t show the descaling option is the result of being the cheaper ones that do not accommodate a large digital display. However, the machine can still perform a descaling process, switching a few programs with a little more patience and a few know-how.
- Unplug the power cord and then plug it again.
- Press the filter option and scroll over from “Yes” to “No”. Due to this, the filter option will be replaced by the descaling option.
- Click down on the descaling option, and then the machine will automatically run through a descaling process.
Jura Coffee Machine No Water Coming Out!
Jura coffee machine no water coming out is a crucial issue. Most consumers have been facing these issues recently. As a result of this case, most coffee is dispensed slowly, not enough coffee is dispensed, or no coffee is dispensed.
- Take a few Jura cleaning tablets at the primary level
- Then run the cleaning cycle frequently with Jura cleaning tablets.
- If the above process does not work, you need to remove the spout and clean it manually.
- If this does not solve the problem, you may need to replace the spout.
Jura Coffee Machine Keeps Turning Off!
Jura coffee machine also has an automatic power-saving mode, which basically turns off the coffee machine for energy savings, just like the advanced coffee machines of other brands. So to protect the coffee machine from damage as well as for power saving, this is an essential feature.
- First, press the P button on your Jura coffee machine.
- Then press the “>” button until 1 (4/6)” appears on display.
- Then press the button “Switch off after.”
- Now you have to adjust the time of switch off; in this case, change by pressing “< or >.”
- After the time adjusting is complete, click “Save” to save the current settings, and finally, click “L” to exit from the program mode.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions!
How to Reset Jura Coffee Machine?
Basically, many people factory reset their Jura coffee machine for their default settings. In this case, you can follow the simple process:
First, click on the P button from the display of your coffee maker.
Then click on the symbol of Machine Setting.
Then press on this symbol “>” for a while. After that, you can see the factory settings option; tap on it.
After tapping on factory settings, you will be given a confirmation message to Reset the machine to factory reset; click the Yes button there.
Finally, your Jura coffee maker is back to its default setting, which you can see saved on the display, which means your process is done successfully.
What does error 8 mean on a Jura coffee machine?
Most consumers get confused when they see error 8 on the Jura coffee machine and don’t understand what it means and what they want to do. Basically, by Error 8, the Jura coffee machine tells you about the awareness of its sensor. Basically, the brew unit is failing to move correctly in its cycle.
What is the best Jura coffee machine for your home?
Jura has several different coffee machine series that provide the most accessible usability, fastest performance, high-quality coffee, and more performance. However, most experts suggest Z series Jura coffee machines for home use, especially Jura Z6 and Z10. These two models have easy functionality and provide a great taste of coffee at home.
How long do Jura machines last?
In the market, you can see dozens of brands of standard espresso machines, where most of the machines last about 5 to 7 years. But in this case, the Jura coffee machine is ahead of its competitors; according to consumers, Jura machines last approximately 9 to 10 years, depending on maintenance, which is more than enough.
Which tools do I need to repair Jura coffee machines?
The Oval Head Key is a standard Jura coffee machine repair tool, which you can get from Amazon sellers or Jura’s official site. The oval Head Key is used to fasten the coffee machine’s exterior housing. So you will get this essential tool at a reasonable price.
Dealing with problems is never fun. But if you are a complete beginner or haven’t experienced any problems with a Jura coffee machine yet, the above listed jura coffee machines common problems and troubleshooting will minimize your repairing cost to a bare minimum by learning the quick fixes that are possible to do on your own.
Williams Kane is a blogger and writer. He’s passionate about writing and connecting with the community, especially when it comes to sharing his ideas through writing.