Having a Jura coffee machine in our kitchen feels like hitting the jackpot, but a product with no frustrating feedback is seldom heard. Something always comes out unsatisfactory for people who are a stickler for perfection.
On the other hand, lack of proper maintenance that we are probably unaware of might also create unidentifiable issues that can’t be replaced by home warranties.
This article will enlighten you about Jura machines’ common problems and their solutions that are mostly foolproof enough to solve by the consumers themselves.
Instead of getting wound up from the host of issues later, take a glance at these tips and tricks to fix your machine like a pro against any unwanted problems, just in case.
Jura Coffee Machines Common Problems
One day you wanted to drink some coffee, and suddenly the coffee machine is not working at all. That’s why learning in advance about the potential problems that might arise in the future could help you to solve the issues on your own. Sometime you need to know about how to reset the jura coffee machine.
When the Coffee Starts Losing Heat
Jura coffee machines are designed to prepare the perfect temperature of a nice, hot cup of coffee. While most buyers had no issues with the temperature, a few buyers complained that the coffee does not taste hot enough.
The first thing to know about automated coffee machines is that the temperature is regulated to burn the coffee. As a result, most of the time, coffee doesn’t taste as hot as getting one from a kettle.
However, there are some certain hacks around to try and get as close as you can to the most reachable temperature without burning the coffee.
- Pinch the tube slightly while milk is delivered from the milk froth and increase the timing of the milk froth.
- Preheat your cup with some boiling water, then dump it and immediately make your coffee onto the coffee machine — it makes a big difference in temperature without making it weaker.
Machine Is Not Frothing Properly
Nine times out of ten the milk frother does not work properly due to a cleaning issue. Apart from that, there can be a number of reasons why you still can’t go back to a frothy cup of coffee. Sometimes, bad quality of milk or a crooked milk pipe has an effect in producing hardly enough milk froth.
- Milk pipe needs to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Try using a different batch of milk.
- Check for any dents in the milk pipe.
- Remove and clean the steam wand.
- If the milk pipe gets badly crooked, replace it with a new one. Recommended the jura milk pipes as your choice!!!
Recommended milk frother if you want to :
Medium Budget JURA 72168 Professional Fine Foam Frother
High Budget Jura Professional Fine Foam milk Frother -Newest Version.
You might get frustrated to find why the coffee grinder is not dispensing coffee grounds anymore.
Although it seems like the grinder has been worn out, there’s a possibility that the coffee grinder has just been clogged up with all the coffee residues that accumulate in the upper and lower burrs, reducing the efficiency and swiftness of the grinder.
- Clean the Grinder thoroughly.
- Change grind setting from “finest grind” to “coarse grind”.
- Set your limits from using too much oily espresso beans.
- Try replacing the grinder blades.
Machine Leaking Water
It’s important to fix the problem of your coffee machine, losing its water out of the bottom before it gets worse.
But why does the machine react that way at the time of making coffee?
One probable reason is because of the water tank being cracked. As the water tank is made of plastic, eventually, it will register cracks around its perimeter, which allows water to leak out.
Coffee machines can also leak water due to defective o-rings. Such things are usually molded into damaged shapes because of limescale deposits.
Another reason for water leakage is due to the leakage of the steam wand. If this spare part continues leaking small drips, it will result in condensation collecting around the surface of the wand, and then bigger leakage will take place over time.
- Look out for any visible cracks around the water tank.
- Clean out limescale from the pipes and joints secured at the bottom of the machine.
- Try descaling the steam wand.
- Disassemble the stopper on the steam valve and look out for the parts that are responsible for water leakage.
- Try replacing the o-rings with new ones.
Coffee Tastes Beyond Belief Awful
There’s going to be one unfortunate day when your coffee starts to taste worse than Skunk Spray jelly beans. It’s simply foolish if you’re claiming that your friend bought a cheap pack of coffee beans this week. The root cause of a certain flavor of coffee is the certain grinding of coffee beans.
It’s likely for coffee to get bitter if you over-extract coffee grounds. In addition, keeping poor maintenance of the machine can result in losing the standard taste of the coffee.
- Change grinding settings to “coarse grind”.
- Clean the milk system. We recommended you for that, Jura Milk System Cleaner or you can change JURA Accessory Set for Milksystems if required.
- Change the water filter. You can see here find out your required water filter.
- Decrease brewing time.
- Balance the ratio between coffee and water.
- Machine requires descaling.
- Decrease water temperature.
Descale Option Won’t Show Up
The Descaling option is one of the most important maintenance works for every coffee machine. We may not use this option every day, but we can’t withstand a week without it. The most common cause of the descale option not showing up is because of the failure of the power supply.
Besides, a coffee machine that won’t show the descaling option is the result of being the cheaper ones that do not accommodate a large digital display. However, the machine can still perform a descaling process, switching a few programs with a little more patience and a few know-how.
- Unplug the power cord and then plug it again.
- Press the filter option and scroll over from “Yes” to “No”. Due to this, the filter option will be replaced by the descaling option.
- Click down on the descaling option, and then the machine will automatically run through a descaling process.
Dealing with problems is never fun. But if you are a complete beginner or haven’t experienced any problems with a Jura machine yet, the above listed common Jura machine problems and solutions will minimize your repairing cost to a bare minimum by learning the quick fixes that are possible to do on your own.