An affordable and quality bass guitar is essential regardless if you are an experienced or amateur bassist. Whereas the search of bass guitars is exciting, it also is confusing, especially for beginners as there are numerous brands and models for you to choose from in the market. During the search for cheap bass guitars under 100 USD, you need to consider the best beginner bass guitar that is both stylish as well as playable. This will be extremely useful if you are a beginner as it allows you to perfect your skills on a budget. If you are a professional bassist, you also need a cheap bass guitar as it offers you a different sound while on stage, style as well as perfect for practicing. You can learn more about the bass guitar on Wikipedia.
In this article, we will take you through the five best models of bass guitars that are you can get under $100. Whereas finding these specific models is difficult, it is not impossible. Here are some of the cheap bass guitars under 100 USD you need to consider.
Top Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100 Dollar
- Goplus Electric Bass Guitar Full Size 4 String
- Crescent Electric Bass Guitar Starter Kit
- Safstar Electric Bass Guitar
- Glarry Electric Bass Guitar Full Size 4 String
- Fashion White Full Size 4-String Electric Bass Guitar
Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100
Goplus Electric Bass Guitar Full Size 4 String with Strap Guitar Bag Amp Cord
It’s another best beginner bass guitar. It is a functional and beautiful electric bass that enables you to play your favorite melodies, thereby perfects your skills. Additionally, it comes in a lightweight design, thus making it easy to carry plus its attractive surface and excellent quality make it an ideal pick. Finally, it incorporates a reasonable price, fashionable design, and superb quality, making it a great playing instrument.
- It comes fully equipped with a set of accessories including one bass bag, one bass pick, one shoulder strap, one Amp cord, one electric bass as well as one bass bag. Thus once you get your instrument, you can start playing it straight away.
- This cheap bass guitar under 100 USD integrates quality and fashionable design. It is built from a wood body that offers it with sturdiness hence ensuring you can freely play. Additionally, having a polished surface makes the bass look shinier and smoother, and you have two color designs to choose from, that is, blue and white as well as black and white. So, all your different aesthetic options are satisfied with this bass guitar.
- It is available with a travel bass bag thereby enabling you to carry your electric bass guitar around with ease anywhere you want. It also features straps that make it easy to carry or lift the bass. The bag’s design features zip closures that allow you to store your music score or accessories inside accessibly.
- This bass delivers improved and smooth tones hence making it perfect for playing rock and roll as well as everything else in between. Usually, the warm sounds produced by the wood are complemented by the natural, bright sound of the electric bass guitar.
- Gives remarkable performance
- Great for beginners
- produces warm and bright tones.
- The carrying case of this bass guitar comes with a weird smell.
- The action often is relatively high and needs to be adjusted regularly.
Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100
Crescent Electric Bass Guitar Starter Kit – Bluburst Color
This best beginner bass guitar is available at an affordable price whereas not compromising on performance and build quality. Both the sound quality and appearance are decent. Whereas this bass guitar is perfect to learn from if you are an amateur. But not ideal for playing during performances. Despite its affordable price tag. This bass guitar plays considerably well unlike some of the other cheap bass guitars. Nevertheless, it produces a buzzing sound while you are playing. A common occurrence in most of the lower-end bass guitars often used by beginners and students. If you are starting training yourself, you need to consider this electric best beginner bass guitar.
- It comes with a greater performance cost ration along with improved feels as well as tones.
- Inside the package of this bass guitar is one Amp cord, one guitar pick, one shoulder strap, one guitar bag as well as one electric guitar.
- Integrated into its design is a high quality and brand new rose fingerboard as well as a bridge. Which help in making the produced sound nothing but exceptional.
- The surface of this bass guitar is polished to give this cheap bass guitar under $100 with an outstanding appearance.
- Incorporates all the basics which are easy to learn.
- Outstanding sound quality
- Lightweight design and portable.
- Nice apprearance
- The accessories used in making this bass guitar feel cheap plus are of inferior quality.
- One of the tuners present in this guitar does not affect playability or tuning.
Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100
Safstar Electric Bass Guitar with Amp Cord Strap Carrying Bag for Starters Beginners (Blue)
This best beginner bass guitar is a functional and attractive electric bass guitar which is perfect for you to practice playing your favorite tunes. It incorporates a hard texture and high-density texture rosewood in its design, which will remain robust throughout the bass guitar’s entire lifetime. It also is lightweight hence easy to carry around plus integrates a beautiful and good quality surface. Thanks to its remarkable quality, fair price, and comfortable touch feel, this is one of the best cheap bass guitars under 100 USD you will not regret owning.
- It is a well-appointed set thus you can effortlessly carry it with you while on vacations or to lessons with the guitar inside the storage bag. Additionally, it includes everything you require, such as a tuner, a shoulder strap, an Amp cord, as well as picks. Thus you can play it straight away from its box.
- It integrates an improved performance cost, which has better feels and tones.
- The build quality of both the fingerboard and body is exceptionally made from high-quality rose and paulownia, respectively.
- Moreover, this cheap bass guitar comes with gliding fret, appropriate thickness handle, a smooth feeling, comfortable strings as well as precise chord distance.
- It features a full-size 48-inch cutaway body for a full and vibrant tone which guarantees the production of brighter and richer sounds. Likewise, it is perfect for styles such as country, rock, blues, folk, among many others.
- Superb sound quality
- Do not need any assemble
- Functional for a prolonged duration.
- Easy to play
- The strings of this cheap bass guitar snap easily, consequently costing you more money in repair cost.
Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100
Glarry Electric Bass Guitar Full Size 4 String Rosewood Basswood Fire Style Exquisite Burning Bass (Black)
If you are an experienced or amateur bass musician looking for a high-performance bass guitar. You need to buy the Glarry Electric Bass Guitar. This best beginner bass guitar is constructed from a synthetic and wooden body that comes in a remarkable finish. Thereby delivering an outstanding sound and appearance.
Furthermore, not only does this instrument offer you with great sounds, but also better ease of playability. Incorporated into its design is a comfortable fingerboard and neck that make it perfect for any plating style as well as a high-tensile fretwire to guarantee smooth playability and durability. Finally, it also features an adjustable bridge that delivers a solid tone, as well as sustains the creation of excellent intonation. it’s really a nice guitar cheap bass guitars under 100.
- The back/face material, as well as the fretboard, are made of basswood and rosewood, which ensures the bass guitar sounds both rock and warm. Additionally, the durable and sturdy materials safeguard your bass guitar is useful for an extended duration.
- It is the perfect bass guitar for students as it produces superb bass effects whereas remaining affordable.
- It comes consisting of all accessories including one Amp cord, one shoulder strap, one portable bag, and one electric guitar, plus is playable straight from the box.
- These best bass guitar under $100 come with a portable bag where you can put your bass guitar to performances, class, and out to practice with your band buddies.
- This bass guitar has a smooth neck and a standard string spacing which offers you with great touch. Likewise, unlike an ordinary guitar, it features larger string extensions as well as thicker strings.
- Easily playable
- lightweight and portable
- assembly process.
- Good sound quality
- durable and sturdy
- splendid design
- Made from basswood and rosewood.
- Amplifier connected sound is not is not excellent.
Cheap Bass Guitars Under 100
Fashion White Full Size 4-String Electric Bass Guitar Burning Fire Style
It is a fantastic best beginner bass guitar because it guarantees a splendid performance. Whereas it resembles a standard guitar, it is relatively different due to its use. Unlike an ordinary guitar, it comes with a bigger string extension and thicker strings. Additionally, this instrument is ideal for creating fabulous bass effects as it is found on the low-pitch site. Finally, this bass guitar integrates a remarkable synthetic and wood material hence making it robust and durable. It’s a very beautiful guitar cheap bass guitars under 100.
- It integrates a silky balance to its tone, which is useful in supporting the vocals beautifully.
- Integrated into its design is a larger and thicker string tension, unlike that found in standard guitars.
- It incorporates a stylish outlook, is comfortable in your hands, produces mellow sound, and delivers stable performance.
- It is the ideal instrument if you want to create a splendid bass effect.
- High-quality sound.
- durable and robust,
- damage resistant
- Easily movable
- Prone to break the strings after using it for a prolonged duration.
Also We Recommend for Best Acoustic Guitars Under 100
Here we discuss top two acoustic guitars in the current market. These guitars perfect for Beginners.
Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar
When thinking about buying a guitar, you should go for a trustworthy brand with history. Jasmine is a reliable brand in the music industry, producing robust musical instruments, starting from acoustic guitar to bass guitar. You will find the most budget-friendly and well-features acoustic guitar from the brand.
Our present pick is Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar which is a decent beginner level guitar, providing the aesthetic design with easy playability. The guitar also comes with a step by step guidebook and instructional DVD. Featuring a spruce top, rosewood fretboard, laminated nato back and sides, satin or natural finish, and chrome covered tuning machines make it one of the durable and easy to handle instruments in the market.
Excellent sound- the soul of any best electric guitar in the world
What makes Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar is its balanced sound which will not hurt your ears. Rather, it will make your please with its mild tune. However, you will find the low-end sound a little bit loose.
Hardware – the core of longevity
Compared to others on the list, the hardware of the guitar is not that extraordinary. Rather, it is an average one that comes with a nato neck and a fret wood of rosewood along with a satin finishing. Though it is not durable and stable as its other peers, it is worth the price tag.
- It features spruce top.
- Comes with a laminated Nano back and sides
- The fretboard is made with rosewood
- Comes with a satin finishing
- Best for beginner and intermediate players
- Big and clear projection of Sound
- Offers rich balanced tone
- Highly affordable
- Not best for advanced or professional guitarists
- Built with average hardware
- A bit loose low-end response
- May require setup
- May need tune change frequently
- Average hardware
- Sometime need to change or replace the strings
Best Choice Products Acoustic Electric Bass Guitar – Full Size, 4 String, Fretted Bass Guitar
It is one of the best cheap electric guitars for beginners that you may try as your first musical instrument. If you are searching cheap bass guitars under 100, this is the right one for you, proving both quality and affordability.
Unlike others on the list, the guitar is made with durable mahogany wood and available in different colors. The glossy finishing is eye-soothing and comfortable to use. Additionally, a 22-fret rosewood fretboard neck with die-cast chrome tuners and an adjustable truss rod make it as perfect as an ideal bass guitar.
Though the guitar comes with a preset condition, you are allowed to make changes. Using the tuners and adjustable truss rod, you can easily change the neck and strings. Because of the adjustable truss rod and tuners, you can easily eliminate disturbing issues with sounding.
Therefore, the body shape of the guitar makes it easy to play both in sitting and standing positions. Finally, the guitar provides more refined and mild sound, making it ideal for beginners. However, the guitar does not include onboard preamps or tuners. As a result, if you are looking for built-in amplifiers, this is not the right one for you.
Can pick the color:
Yes, you can choose your desired colors from classical blue to beige and black.
- Comes with a 4-band EQ-7545R guitar preamp
- 4-band equalizer adjusts bass
- Comes with built-in volume control
- Good for both beginners and advanced users
- Provides rich and resonant sound
- Glossy finishing
- Durable due to use of premium material
- Sturdy body
- Provide more refined sound
- Comes with built-in volume control
- Adjustable truss rod and tuners
- Comfortable to play
- No onboard preamps or tuners.
How much does this guitar cost?
If you have between $300 to $400, you may become a proud owner of this guitar, but this may sound somewhat pricey if you are a beginner. However, if you are looking for a bass guitar that provides you with the versatility to play numerous music genres, look no further.
If you have a huge budget for buying a guitar, you can choose one of them from the below list. You don’t need to buy in the future for advanced learning.
Recommend for big Budget’s
Yamaha is a brand known all over the world for making high-quality products. The Yamaha TRBX304 is no exemption, as this is a trendy and famous bass guitar often used by many bands. Some of the reasons that make this bass guitar to be highly regarded include;
Integrated into its body is a double-humbucker pickup. One of the humbuckers delivers a rich sound, and the presence of two pickups allows you to either use the treble-friendly tone that is ideal for pop and funk music or the bass-heavy tone needed for metal music.
It features the beautiful looking curves of a double-cutaway that makes it easier to play high notes easier, unlike playing without one. Additionally, it is available in numerous colors, and this appeals to many bassists.
This bass guitar offers you versatility due to having five strings, which is exactly what you require.
If you are looking for a Fender-made bass guitar that offers you an incredible value, this is the perfect choice for you. Are you wondering how much this guitar costs? Well, approximately $200, unlike the other highly-priced models which cost up to $1000.
With this bass guitar, you get excellent-sounding jazz-style beginner’s bass guitar. Additionally, incorporated in its design are dual pickups as well as classic “fender tuning pegs” for additional authenticity. Consequently, you will get to realize a warm jazz tone. Which will bring out the traits of the original Fender bass guitars? As a result, it’s one of the best beginner bass guitars. So making this the perfect choice.
There are lots of factors to choose a bass guitar to buy. So you need first to do extensive research to make an informed decision. Therefore, here are some of the things you need to consider when looking for the best beginner bass guitar in the market.
Your style of play is crucial before deciding which bass guitar you should buy. Most bassists love to play the Washburn or Ibanez when using a plectrum since this produced extremely clean playing tones. For the classic funk players, the Music Man bass or Fender is the ideal choice as it creates a twangy and clear sound.
The budget you have set aside is always an essential factor you need to consider when looking for a bass guitar. Whereas a bass guitar might produce the sound you love. Its price might be out of your reach as it is among the most expensive bass guitars on the market. Fortunately, there still are numerous bass guitars available at an affordable price to choose from; therefore, your needs too will be addressed.
There are two types of bass guitar pickups to choose from; these are active and passive pickups. Passive pickups have been in existence from the start of electric bass, and they offer you a warm, full tone as well as dynamic sound. However, this pickup has one drawback, which is it does not provide you with sufficient control over your instrument’s tone.
Active pickups are much newer in comparison to passive pickups, and it produces a tone that is clear, bright, and percussive. Moreover, integrated into these active pickups is an in-built battery-powered preamp that produces a considerably higher output, unlike passive pickups. Nevertheless, you need to change the batteries periodically.
You should also consider the musical tone and genre you want to play before choosing a bass guitar you will buy. Therefore, if you are planning to perform some complex and heavy metal genre licks. The Fender Mustang PJ bass guitar is not an ideal choice for you. Likewise, if your goal is to hit the bass along with the funk line. Then you should go for the Warwick bass.
Considering the genre you play is also an important consideration before buying a bass guitar. Specific styles usually make use of similar bass guitars, and this, therefore, makes it even easier to decide which model you should buy.
Having gone through this article, you now have an idea of the best cheap bass guitars under 100 USD in the market. Whereas these discussed bass guitars are inexpensive in comparison to some of the popular models, they do offer you the best value plus are very popular in the market. All these models integrate different electronics, designs, and woods but have one underlying similarity; that is, they all provide you with excellent performance.
Moreover, these bass mentioned above guitars is ideal for both smaller gigs and jamming sessions even though you need an appropriate amp when playing them. So if you are searching for a cheap bass guitar under 100 USD in the market that offers you with excitement and a classic feel, you need not look any further than these five models.