A microphone is a piece of equipment needed to create a high-quality recording. With the advancement in technology, there is a wide range of mics available in the market which usually differ in feel, sounds, sizes, overall personality, shapes, and most notably in price. Fortunately, you do not need to pay a premium to get a quality mic, which will guarantee the subsequent recording is of acceptable quality. So you can choose the Best Condenser Mic Under 200.
There are several entry-level microphones in the market that offer you a liberating yet cost you less than $200. Additionally, these models deliver remarkable features as well as strong performance. Therefore, in this article, we are going to take you through the best condenser mic under 200 USD in the market.
Also, you can know from these articles What is a Condenser Microphone and which is the better condenser or dynamic and also buying guide. Hope so you will understand after reading the full article which one is the best for you.
So, let’s start to read our review.
List of 7 Best Condenser Mic Under $200
- Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone
- Stellar X2 Large Condenser XLR Microphone
- Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
- MXL V67i Large dual-diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
- Rode NT-USB Condenser Mic
- Marantz Professional Condenser Microphone
Top Best Condenser Mic Under 200 Dollar
We have researched for almost 12 hours to find the best quality condenser microphone under $200. We have tried to discuss everything about this condenser recording studio microphone to help you choose the best one within your budget.
Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone Under $200:
Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone
If you are searching for a good quality cardioid condenser microphone, Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone can be a good option for you, offering a clean and crisp voice on both vocals and instruments. It’s one of the Best Condenser Mic Under 200.
This electret condenser mic has a permanently polarized 16-mm (0.63″) diaphragm element and a preamp which requires 48V phantom power. It is from a chassis for a large-diaphragm mic. Though a cylindrical box along with a diaphragm diameter of 25mm (1″) or more is generally used for mics, AT202 is made with a diaphragm size of 16-mm. That means you cannot put it in the category of the large-diaphragm mic. A threaded stand mount is attached to the mic that securely and precisely holds the placement of the microphone
Any condenser microphone is capable of capturing a large frequency range and offers a good transient response. SO does Audio-Technica AT2020. You will get a clean air sound. The mic is good for producing superb vocals and can able to pull out the unwanted noise.
Additionally, it comes with a preamp or compressor plug-in and off choice and you do not need any external pop-filter for the mic. With the mic, you will get a clear and sharp voice, no matter whether you use it for vocals or others. Moreover, the cardioid polar pattern minimizes picking up the sounds from the sides and rear, allowing you to capture more refined sound.
Easy to set up
It is very easy to set up and you can do almost everything with it- starting from making videos, broadcast meetings, podcasts, and webcasts to show or recordings. Moreover, it goes perfectly well with vocals, acoustic guitar, and others. However, while using on acoustic guitar, the mic has substantial proximity bass boost though there is no proximity effect on vocals
However, instead of a shock mount, the mic includes a pivot stand and it does not come with bass-Roll-off. As a result, you will pick low-frequency noise and you need to remove the noise with EQs. Another disadvantage of this mic is its small diaphragm size. The mic cannot be categorized under a large-diaphragm mic. Another thing to mention is that it is an electret condenser, which means it has a permanently polarized diaphragm. And according to the experts, over 30 years, the electrets may lose up to 3dB power level which is half of the maximum power. It happens because of the gradual depolarization of the materials charging the diaphragm. So, probably after 30 years, you will need another one.
But, for less than $100, it is enough for 30 years.
- Small Diaphram Condensor Microphones
- Includes polarized 16-mm (0.63″) diaphragm element
- flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz and cardioid pattern
- No bass-Roll-off switch or 10dB attenuation pads
- Made for closer miking
- High SPL (Sound Pressure Level) handling level
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Produce clear, direct, and crisp vocal crisp and clear.
- Suitable for broadcast, podcast, webcast, shows, recording
- Perfect for both project and home studio
- Good sound quality for both vocals and instruments
- Easy to set up and record, even mix
- Entry-level microphone
- Little bit higher noise level
- Absence of shock mount
- Lack of bass-Roll-off
- Small diaphragm
- Do not to have a mute switch on the unit
Stellar X2 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser XLR Microphone Under $200
Stellar X2 Large Condenser XLR Microphone
Searching low-cost condenser microphone? Then chances are great that Stellar X2 Large Diaphragm Cardioid condenser XLR Microphone is the right option for your bucks. It is also perfect for studio use as well as home use.
Most of the low-cost condenser microphone offers a harsh and loud tone. Unlike those, Stellar X2 Large Diaphragm mic provides smooth as well as a natural warm tone. The sound produced in the mic is clear and the noise level is super-low. Most high-sensitivity mics peak almost every sound but this budget-friendly mic’s self-noise is very low.
It has a metal body and on the bottom, you will find the external port. The custom-made low noise transformerless JFET circuit provides low distortion and low self-noise. It also produces a very balanced sound. High-quality materials such as German capacitors, K67 style capsules made with Japanese imported Mylar are used to make capsules and circuits of the mic, resulting in subtle sounds.
However, the mic is not too good for instrumental use.
- Perfect for studio
- Low noise floor
- Smooth and clear sound
- Nice tone and carefully tuned sound
- Not too good for instrumental use
Audio-Technica AT2020USB PLUS Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone Under $200
Audio-Technica Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
This condenser mic comes integrated with a USB output which aims to capture any acoustic audio source or music digitally making use of your preferred recording software. Subsequently, it delivers the award-winning and critically acclaimed sound it is famed for with its intelligibility and studio-quality articulation. This makes it ideal for podcasters, songwriters, home studio recorders, field recorders, and voiceover artists. Additionally, it provides you with mix control, which pre-records audio and blends the microphone. Thus, with the incredible manufacturing methods and art design, this condenser mic offers you reliability and consistency, something which the company is famed for.
- This condenser mic is USB compatible, thus allowing you to carry out digital recording with ease seamlessly.
- The headphone jack has a volume control, thereby enabling you to monitor all the mic signals without any delay.
- This condenser mic features a smooth and extended frequency response, thus using it for voiceover, field recording, home studio recording, and podcasting is perfect.
- Integrated into this mic is a top-rate A/D converter that has a 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate.
- Incorporated into the design of this condenser mic is a tripod desk stand that has foldable legs for easy and secure portable tabletop use.
- It comes with other accessories such as a soft protective pouch, 5/8” – 27 to 3/8” – 16 threaded adapters, a USB cable, a tripod stand, and 5/8” – 27 threaded stands.
- Made with quality materials
- Remain functional for an extended duration.
- Includes additional accessories such as the tripod desk stand and soft protective pouch,
- get reasonably unbelievable performance
- numerous features all at an affordable price
- excellent sound quality
- superb building quality
- Unique design
- Not the best he sound quality compared to its competitors within the same price range
MXL V67i Large dual-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Under $200
MXL Condenser Mic under 200 USD
It is a tube-amplified dual-capsule meant for professionals looking for excellent versatility while recording. Moreover, the sound profile is where the versatility of this mic stems from rather than incorporating the polar patterns or additional features. It comes in a distinctive and unique design that has two selectable diaphragms, showing why it is a combination of modern-day and old school technology. With this condenser mic, you get to benefit from today’s leading-edge microphone technologies as well as the sound pleasures of its classic vacuum tube. This condenser mic also makes use of an autonomous select-able microphone capsule system which produces two different sounds from the same mic, that is, bright or warm. Likewise, there is a LED display showing your selected capsule.
However, the mic tends to be faulty on arrival, therefore, raising questions on the company’s quality control system.
- Integrated into this condenser mic is a polar pattern fixed to the cardioid as well as a 150Hz high-pass filter switch.
- This mic has a 12AT7 dual-triode tube that plays a huge role in the delivery of vintage tone. Additionally, its frequency response range scales between 30Hz to 20kHz, and a maximum SPL of 140dB, which increases further to 150dB once you add the -10dB attenuation switch.
- It comes with a robust aluminum case, a windscreen, a shock mount, a power supply among several other items.
- This condenser mic incorporates two capsules that have a diameter of 1.23” and each houses a 0.98” diaphragm. Usually, this consists of an eight and 6-micron gold-sputtered design that has a switch allowing you to switch between the two.
- The 6-micron diaphragm provides you with a brighter sound, whereas the 8-micron diaphragm delivers more warmth.
- It comes in unique gold and green design as well as with a wooden case plus a mic clip.
- Featured in this condenser mic is a solid-state preamp a delivers a stable performance output.
- Performs impeccably
- Appealing design
- Excellent quality
- The idea for both intermediate and beginner home studio
- Sometimes comes faulty on arrival
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Mic Under 200 USD
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
With this top-rate condenser microphone, you get an audio quality that is much better in comparison to that produced by your computer’s in-built mic. Consequently, It’s easy for you to get high-quality sound for computer-based audio recordings for your voice. Moreover, it is easy to set up – just plugging it into the USB port and it will automatically show as a USB microphone.
Using the mic, you can do all the audio for recording and get a crystal clear communication. Additionally, this mic is accredited by Skype; hence, it guarantees you superb results plus features a USB cable and an adjustable desktop mic stand. The interesting thing is the mic can block all the background noise. This is proof of how reliable this device is especially if you are working in a noisy environment like out on the streets.
Lastly, it automatically works together with your PC or Mac without needing any drivers. Therefore, with this mic, you can get sound of exceptional quality regardless of where you are, be it at the office, at home, or anywhere else.
However, the mic does not work well with the Windows 10 OS compared to the previous Windows OS systems. Likewise, this issue is not fixed even after fixing the drivers. The USB connector on the rear of this mic eventually spoils as it loosens gradually as time passes.
- This equipment is a USB 2.0 gadget, meaning it is USB 3.0 compatible according to the backward compatibility specification.
- This condenser mic has a frequency response rate ranging between 40 to 18 kHz, and thanks to this, the subsequent audio recordings are always crystal clear.
- With this mic, you get a custom condenser capsule meant for Face Time, Message as well as Skype while still ensuring the audio quality is top-notch.
- This condenser mic easily plugs into your PC or Mac and then plays directly without necessitating the installation of any drivers.
- You can create podcasts, add narration as well as record vocals to your movies.
- incredible sound quality
- Produce excellent sound for both the professional and amateur alike
- Straightforward and easy set up as
- ideal for gaming
- Blocked all the background noise
- priced reasonably
- does not work well with the Windows 10 OS
- The rear USB connector eventually spoils
Rode NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality USB Cardioid Condenser Mic Under 200 USD
Rode NT-USB Condenser Mic under 200
It is a very versatile condenser mic that is perfect for spoken applications including voice-over and podcasting as well as for recording musical and singing performances. This microphone is fully compatible with every mainstream recording application found on Mac OS and Windows-based computers, plus the Garage Band, Apple iPad via the RODE Rec, and all other applications which accept an external mic. Furthermore, it incorporates a zero-latency stereo headphone monitoring jack (3.5mm) that enables you to monitor your mic’s input in real-time, and dials to mix and monitor between the iPad or computer audio and the mic input.
The quality of the mic is excellent and assures you this device will be useful for a prolonged duration while still being productive. It has a plug and play system, making it perfect for the beginner. Moreover, the mic has a pop filter, which eliminates nearly every background noise, so the recorded sound is crystal clear. However, the condenser mic has a fragile and cheap plastic holding together large metal parts which subsequently get damage reasonably fast.
- It features a studio mic of exceptional quality that incorporates the convenience that comes with USB connectivity.
- This mic condenser comes together with a ring mount, pop shield, storage pouch, tripod desk stand as well as a USB cable that is 20” long.
- Incorporated into the design of this microphone is a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack which helps in the monitoring of zero-latency.
- Also, the frequency range of this device is between 20Hz to 20kHz as well as a capsule of 0.50”.
- Integrated into this condenser mic is active electronics, that is, a JFET impedance converter that has an A/D converter 16bit 48kHz and a bipolar output buffer.
- With this microphone, you get a direct mix between the source output and the mic input.
- Outstanding building quality
- Excellent sound quality
- Easy set-up
- plug and play system.
- Perfect for beginners.
- The pop filter eliminates nearly every background noise,
- Fragile and cheap plastic holding
Marantz Professional MPM-2000UUSB Condenser Microphone Under $200:
Marantz Professional Condenser Microphone
This condenser microphone is the perfect device if you have essential recording tasks as it keeps your production focused with its accurate cardioid polar pattern for the accurate capture. It does this by ensuring marginal interference from any undesirable ambient noise. Additionally, the cardioid polar design prevents unwanted feedback as well as preserves isolation, with this necessary when recording lives performances where sounds arrive from numerous directions.
- This microphone comes together with everything you need for capturing audio perfectly, that is a USB cable, an onboard interface, a carry case as well as a custom shock mount.
- This mic features a low signal-to-noise ratio and high sensitivity, thus promising to capture every sound produced by the origin of your audio.
- The wide and smooth frequency response range of this condenser mic is between 20Hz to 18kHz, thus promising to capture the whole audible spectrum.
- Incorporated into this microphone is a pure aluminum-coated 16mm diaphragm condenser capsule as well as a directional cardioid polar pattern.
- It features a studio-grade condenser mic which delivers an exceptional performance which ensures the subsequent audio is crystal clear. Therefore, this device is ideal for podcasting, Twitch, DAW recording, and much more.
- This mic comes features a custom shock mount which offers you the added assurance that you do not capture in your recordings any undesirable artifacts.
- It features a studio-grade A/D conversion usually at 16-bit/ 48kHz for every recording resolution with an uncompromised frequency response and dynamic range. Combine this with a signal-to-noise ratio of 78dB and low self-noise of 16dBA, the subsequent audio is of pristine quality.
- reasonably priced
- Excellent build quality
- Superb sound quality
- The pop filter gives crystal clear quality.
- Straightforward setting-up system
- Terrible and unreliable customer service
What is a Condenser Microphone?
These condenser microphones are more commonly used to record vocals for great accuracy in a voice recording. These condenser microphones capture high-a detail sound accurately and are sensitive enough to pick up unwanted sounds like popping and breathing.
These types of microphones use a conductive diaphragm attached to a metal disc that forms a capacitor. It vibrates with sound pressure and uses capacitance to generates audio signals as a result of changes in an output voltage.
Condenser microphones are also known to be distorted at high levels of noise due to their high sensitivity. To use these types of microphones they need a power supply which is where the audio interfaces and prompts come in and where there is a USB condenser microphone that will not require Phantom power.
Which is better a Condenser Microphone or a Dynamic Microphone?
A condenser mic is great for use in the studio and for high-quality audio recording. This helps to register a condenser mic more accurately than the heavy coils inside the dynamic microphone. So more detailed and great sound quality. These give higher output and less noise than dynamic microphones.
Dynamic mix on the other hand is not sensitive to background noise and high-frequency noise so this type of mic is preferred in live performance. Also, they are more durable and do not require dedicated external energy.
Buyer’s Guide to Condenser Microphones
Before buying a condenser microphone you should know How to pick the best? And Which part should know:
How does the condenser microphone work?
Inside each condenser mic is a capacitor microphone, a thin foil, or a membrane of mylar that is placed in the vicinity of a specific metal plate. When you record a sound source like a guitar, the sound from the source hits the microphone and vibrates the membrane. The movement of the back and front of this membrane changes its distance from the stationary plate. The movement is called capacitance change which changes the capacitance which is converted from sound to electrical signal. This thin membrane is sensitive so condensers can capture fine and subtle sounds that cannot mix dynamically.
What are condenser microphones used for?
For studio applications, condenser microphones are a great choice because of their transient response and wide frequencies. In the studio, these microphones are an ideal choice for performing a variety of tasks, including recording vocals, acoustic instruments, room mix, and voice-over. Due to the extra precision and high output, podcasters will choose condensers over dynamics.
The best condenser is a microphone that works perfectly with very few technical problems. If all the other features are the same, you will get the simplest setup that you just need for the plugin. And such microphones are suitable for long-term use.
Such microphones are equipped with a large diaphragm specially designed to capture more sound detail. Some mixes provide higher SPLs such as guitar amplifiers, smaller diaphragms designed for picking drums.
All condenser microphones are supplied with a variety of directional patterns or polar patterns. For over voice and studio recording purposes, a focused directional and cardio video or hyper-cardioid polar pattern would be ideal. Choose the one that suitable for your needs.
You should not spend too much on the best condenser microphone for you. You will get a very good quality condenser microphone for $ 200.
Having gone through this article, you now know of the best condenser mic under 200 USD. Likewise, you have an idea of what to expect from each of the discussed models, and this will help you in making you make an informed decision on which of them suits your preference. You subsequently will not be disappointed by the excellent and superb sound quality.