It is necessary to know the process of proper turn ON to run garbage disposal correctly. If you are a beginner and want to know the appropriate way to turn garbage disposal ON, this guide is for you.
In this guide, we have shared how to turn ON InSinkErator garbage disposal properly and introduced several tips to protect your disposal, which will significantly help increase your disposal’s efficiency.
So without wasting time, let’s begin.
How to Turn ON InSinkErator Garbage Disposal
The functionality of InSinkErator garbage disposal is very user-friendly, so you don’t have to put much effort into it. Below we have observed some simple steps; try to follow them step by step, and bring care not to miss any actions.
- Keep pushing all the food waste, debris, small bones, and other things inside the garbage disposal. If something hard is stuck, cut it off with a knife. In this case, if you want to avoid contact with direct food waste, then take the help of hand gloves to cover your hands while touching them.
- After pushing the food debris sufficiently, cover the opening area with the removable drain protector, then run the faucet so that the cold water flow can go into the drain.
- Finally, find the InSinkErator disposal switch and turn the switch ON. Then listen to the sound of the smooth food debris cutting. When the disposal is finished, turn OFF the switch again.
Tips for Keeping Clean InSinkErator Garbage Disposal
If you have not cleaned garbage disposal for a long time, in this case, you may face various issues like odor released from the disposal, bacteria growth, and many more, which can irritate and reduce disposal efficiency.
In order to get rid of all these aspects, you can apply this technique continually after a few days of garbage disposal use:
- First, fill the sink with warm water, then add ¼ cup of baking soda.
- Then turn the InSinkErator ON so that the baking soda and warm water mixture can run into the InSinkErator disposal and efficiently clean the blade.
- Finally, put some citrus fruit pieces in your InSinkErator to remove the odors from the drain and turn ON the disposal. By doing this, InSinkErator blades will quickly spin these slices and release the smell of the wedges, which will remove the odor smell from the drain.
In many cases, your disposal may suddenly turn OFF. And the sudden turn-off is a common case for any garbage disposal. In this case, InSinkErator garbage disposal is no exception. The trouble of unexpectedly turning off is a feature of disposal that protects disposal from major issues.
If your disposal suddenly turns OFF and needs to be reset, then you can read our how to reset InSinkErator garbage disposal guide.
Hopefully, our how to turn on InSinkErator garbage disposal guide has helped you a lot.
Williams Kane is a blogger and writer. He’s passionate about writing and connecting with the community, especially when it comes to sharing his ideas through writing.